13 July 2009

Pinhole photography sounds a little dirty, but I swear it's not.

The same class that produced those lovely Lomo photos from my previous post also introduced me to pinhole photography. Now, you can buy actual pinhole cameras, but our project was strictly DIY. My camera was made from a cereal box that was masterfully taped up with at least two rolls of black electrical tape. The cameras were loaded with a single sheet of photo paper, so there was a lot of walking back and forth between where we took our images and the photo lab. The limitations were a great way to get creative without the luxury of film and portability.

Here are a couple images I created:



Fountain/lake thing in a CSUF Art Department courtyard


Sculpture in the CSUF Art Department's admin building courtyard


For the life of me I cannot remember how we got the negative images. I'm sure it's a pretty simple process, but as it's been nearly five years since I took the class I've completely forgotten the steps.

Instructions on how to make your own pinhole camera,
here.
Some cool pinhole images from other people, here and here.

No comments: