16 July 2010

Postal Service Fail

I sent some Lomography film to Snapfish a couple weeks ago, and got this back today:






Apparently my roll was damaged in shipping, and could not be developed.  This is partly my fault for not sending the film in it's plastic container (something I debated in my head before sealing the envelope).  However, I'd like to know exactly what the USPS did that shredded the envelope and nearly flattened the film canister.  I've mailed several rolls in these same envelopes with absolutely no trouble.  I'm also pretty sure some of them were not in plastic containers.

I'm a little sad that I've completely lost these photos (a combination of Sydney, the San Diego Fair, and my cousin at the park).  At the same time, I can't count how many times I've ruined my film by accidentally exposing it to light.

Guess I'll just have to reload and try again.

No comments: