24 July 2010

I believe you can get me through the night...

One of the worst habits I picked up while at college was pulling all-nighters.  This was usually due to another bad habit I developed: procrastination.  When I started taking classes again, I vowed I would stop doing both.  I can proudly report that the procrastination has thus far been held at bay.  Learning Adobe Dreamweaver CS5 is a fun challenge, and easily keeps my attention for hours.

However, working late into the night is a routine I just can't seem to break.  Something about the wee hours inspires me.  I find myself wanting to work more than usual after 10pm, and get some of my best ideas when I should be sleeping.

Since I don't have to be on a "normal" schedule quite yet (one of the perks of retail work), I'll continue to burn the midnight oil.  At least I have my podcasts to keep me company.  New favorite: Radiolab.

And in case you're wondering, here's a peek at what I've been working on:


The final project for my web layout class is to redesign the Palomar College Graphic Communications Department website.  The professor has hinted that the department may actually use one of our designs.  Here's hoping I get picked!  :)

No comments: