13 November 2010

Signed, Sealed, Delivered

Recently I placed an ad through my local Freecycle group for cancelled stamps.  I honestly thought it was a futile request in the age of e-mail, Facebook, and cell phones.  Who gets actual mail these days, and who would take the time to save the stamps?

Imagine my surprise when I got two responses from members!  So far one envelope has arrived, and I've already incorporated some into a greeting card:



I received some lovely Nativity-themed stamps from Australia.


There are many others as well, and I've been having fun coming up with ideas for some cheeky note cards:


I'm thinking something along the lines of "Good on ya, Mate" or a simple "G'day" for this card.



Oh, Canada.  "Hoser"?  "Canuck," maybe?



I don't know much about the Netherlands.  Any suggestions for a Dutch-inspired greeting card?



Pride Week!  
(They're queens.  Get it?)


Thanks so much to Martha for sending me these!  I look forward to my second envelope from Joan, which should arrive any day now.  :)

2 comments:

Sheila @ A Postcard a Day said...

I love these uses for used stamps. I've always hated throwing them out.

Hoi is Dutch for Hi, but maybe too short. No shorter than Joy though. Or the outline of a tulip, a simple windmill?

Sally said...

Thanks for the great ideas! I'm planning on doing a little research after the new year. I may try to tie the card into a Dutch holiday. I'm also curious who the woman depicted on many of their stamps is. :)