10 November 2009

Happy Birthday

Today is my sister's birthday, and I volunteered to bake her cake. Since my mom, sister, and I have been doing the Flat Belly Diet for a few months now, I decided to try out one of their recipes.

The Super-Rich Chocolate Cake with Maple Frosting looked very yummy in the cookbook:

(Photo from Prevention.com)



Even though my attempt didn't look exactly the same, it came out quite nicely!




As for the taste: It was very good, especially for a low-fat dessert (And despite the fact that the cake recipe used canola mayonnaise as an egg substitute. I was a bit worried about that one). The best part was the maple frosting, which was very, very yummy! Our only complaint was the cake's texture. It was very dense and quite dry. I actually think the recipe is better suited to make scones.

I'm looking forward to trying more dessert recipes from the cookbook, despite being a bit let down this time around. There are some delicious looking Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip No-Bake Bars and Lemon Cupcakes with Citrus Icing I've been dying to try. I'll be sure to post if they were successes or not!

No comments: