26 June 2009

Rule of Three

This week we lost three American icons: Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson. All three lead lives full of success and failure, both professionally and personally. While we remember the positive, it's impossible to forget the negative.

Still, the legacy left by each will never be forgotten. They will live on through video, photos, and music.


Ed McMahon was the perfect sidekick to Johnny Carson throughout their Tonight Show run. I'm not of the Carson/McMahon generation, but I do remember his commercials for the American Family Publishers sweepstakes. He never did come to our front door.


Farrah Fawcett was THE 70s sex symbol. My mom loved her hair so much, she even styled mine like it when I was a toddler. And mind you, that was in the mid-80s.


Michael Jackson was the King of Pop. No matter what you may think of him personally, everyone has a favorite MJ song or video. I remember watching the Thriller video every year on Halloween despite the fact that it scared the crap out of me. I still look forward to it each October.

No comments: